Oregon Rest Area Stops Rules
Rest Area Rules to Keep in Mind
Can I camp? or sleep? or hunt? or operate a concession? at a Oregon Rest Area? How about posting a flyer? Let my pet run loose? FAQ answered.
You May Not ...
- Light a fire.
- Pick, remove, or damage plant life or forest products.
- Hunt, trap, or injure birds or animals.
- Discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, or other weapon.
- Discharge fireworks, explosives, or other similar devices
- Mutilate, deface, damage or remove any property, structure or facility.
- Dig up, deface, or remove any dirt, stone, rock, or other natural substance.
- Operate a concession or selling merchandise, food, or services, except for a permitted ‘free coffee’ service, or vending machines under an agreement with the Department of Transportation or Travel Information Council
- Block access to the restroom
- Smoke or carry a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe or other smoking implement, in a restroom building or within 20 feet of a restroom building
- Operate a motor vehicle in any area not intended for motor vehicles
- Park a motor vehicle outside the designated parking area or parking in violation of any posted parking regulation
- Allow a pet to run loose. Allowing a pet on a leash, except a guide animal, in any area except designated pet areas. Allow a pet, except a guide animal, in any building.
- Allow livestock to run at large or to be in any area except in designated pet or livestock areas
- Place a poster, flyer, sign or other marker in or on any utility pole, sign post, building or other facility in a rest area
- Deposit garbage, recyclables, or refuse of any kind except in designated containers
- Dump, spill or allow to leak any sewage, waste water, or other substance from the vehicle
- Use a restroom to bathe or wash clothing, dishes or other materials
- Set up a tent or other structure, camping, or remain in a rest area for more than 12 hours within any 24-hour period
- Participate in a disturbance or riotous or other behavior which interferes with the reasonable use of the rest area by other visitors
- Obstruct, harass or interfer with a Department of Transportation or Travel Information Council employee or Rest Area Attendant in the performance of their duties
- Create noise by any means which interferes with the reasonable use of the rest area by other visitors
Rules do vary and change at times. Please read the posted rules of Oregon Rest Areas at each rest area you visit.